Having never really kept my love of double-denim a secret, I couldn’t help but spend my last uni-free weekend in my favourite 90s combo. This weekend I opted for an oversized denim shirt and a straight leg ripped pair of jeans, courtesy of DRICOPER DENIM. I added a fedora and Raybans to complete the look and a pair of old school (read: I bought these shoes in 2004 – yes, I still wear them frequently) Chuck Taylors for comfort.
ANYWAYS – here are a few tips to mastering the effortless/chic-ness that is DOUBLE DENIM:
- Wear different shades of denim – this will add a bit more depth to your look and avoid the matchy-matchy thing – not chic
- Embrace your shape – wear denim that fits your body shape, whether the pieces are oversized or skinny-fit, always ensure they sit well on your lady lumps and womanly curves
- Layer denim – add different layers and textures depending on the weather; for example with this look, an oversized white or black denim jacket would look all kinds of fantastic with the outfit
- Add a personal element – whether it be a hat you always wear, a simple gold chain or ’04 Chuck Taylors
- Be confident – double denim ain’t for the fashionably-faint-hearted. Embrace the 90s throwback like it ain’t no bodies business!
SO – DO YOU LIKE TO WEAR DOUBLE DENIM? LET ME KNOW BELOW!